Joy is one of hardest feelings to hold onto, isn’t it? Fear is always crouching nearby ready to snatch it from us.
In Daring Greatly Brené Brown talks about “foreboding joy,” the idea that some sort of disaster looms just around the corner no matter how promising things look for the moment. […]
There are certain things you dream of doing – asking your boss for a raise or promotion, finding a new job, getting up on stage to sing or perform a comedy routine, or writing a novel or book […]
Psychology Today recently published five questions that could help you choose your resolution(s) this year:
- Ask: "What would make me happier?"
- Ask: "What is a concrete action that would bring about change?"
- Ask: "Am I a ‘yes’ resolver or a ‘no’ resolver?"
- Ask: "Am I starting small enough?"
- Ask: "How am I going to hold myself accountable?"
It’s interesting that Psychology today tips begin with happiness and end with a question about taking ownership. Sounds a lot like mentoring, doesn’t it?
- Best Mentoring Blog
- Best Mentoring Blog 2011
- Best Mentoring Blog 2012
- Best Mentoring Blog 2013
- Best Mentoring Blog 2014
- Books I recommend
- European Mentoring & Coaching Council
- Guest Blogger
- Leadership Challenge
- Leadership development
- Mentoring Programs
- Mentoring tools
- Personal development
- Personal Planning
- Setting goals
- Start Ups
- Tips from linkedin.com