IvyPanda is a student success hub designed to improve the educational outcomes and learning capabilities of students around the world by connecting them with academic experts and by providing highly-efficient self-study services and online tools.
And they have been writing about the impact of a mentor, and they mean that for many students having a mentor is a life-changing experience. Here are some of the advantages of having a mentor from IvyPanda:
- It helps set and track individualized goals. Together with a mentor, you can work on setting individual short and long-term objectives and developing an action plan. Such an intentional weekly interaction helps achieve a lot in college, career, and life.
- It improves self-awareness and decision-making. An essential component of working with a mentor is self-reflection. If you regularly practice reflection with your mentor, you can assess your strengths and recognize areas for self-improvement.
- It allows for constructive and supportive feedback. When working with a mentor, you get helpful and timely feedback that can boost your progress. Having a mentor also creates an opportunity to address any issue quickly and resolve it on the spot.
- It offers psychological support. A mentoring relationship is a safe space for you to grow spiritually without fear of judgment and receive reassurance from someone you trust. The opportunity to share your feelings with someone else eases stress and anxiety.
- It creates the foundation for a lasting personal network. In many cases, the relationship between a mentor and a mentee remains even after college graduation. In other words, mentoring creates a special bond that you might find helpful throughout your life.
- It offers a diversity of perspectives and experiences. College offers plenty of extracurricular activities. You can consult with your mentor to learn more about them and find activities that best fit your needs.
This is a part of an article from IvyPanda see the whole article by clicking on the name.