I strongly believe in the power of mentoring in developing leaders. During my years with mentoring I have found that there are things you can, as a mentee, can do to get the most out of the mentoring sessions. Here is some questions you can use in each part.
M – meet
E – explore
N – needs and requirement
T – time and resources
O – options
R – review
• What expectations do you have for this MM-meeting?
• Are there any particular topics you want to talk about?
• What would be a good outcome of this MM-meeting for you?
• What is the problem that you want to talk to me about?
• What is going to happen that is not happening now, or what you do not want to happen?
• Describe how the problem manifests itself in daily life and the story behind
• When and how often does that happen?
• How would others describe the situation?
• What have you done and what has worked / – not worked?
Needs and requirement
• What has been new in the course of the conversation?
• What will you take next?
• What will it take for you to try what we have talked about?
• What is positive and what is negative in this solution?
Time and resources
• What can I do as a mentor to help you further?
• Is there someone who can help you, if so who?
• What do you need to reach your goal?
• Will there be of real value to you?
• Can you get on now?
• What is the most important thing you bring from our meeting?
• How specific plan do you have now?
• Let us summarize the key points
- Starting a new program
- New year, new opportunities and applications
- Mentoring program at the university in Stavanger Norway
- Big problem with my page
- Success Takes Time and Hard Work—Follow These 5 Steps to Stick With It to the End
- ‘Dreams Are for Losers’
- What if someone else is in charge?
- How to get most of your mentor
- Best Mentoring Blog
- Best Mentoring Blog 2011
- Best Mentoring Blog 2012
- Best Mentoring Blog 2013
- Best Mentoring Blog 2014
- Books I recommend
- Guest Blogger
- Leadership Challenge
- Leadership development
- Mentoring Programs
- Mentoring tools
- Personal development
- Personal Planning
- Setting goals
- Start Ups
- Tips from linkedin.com