Entrepreneurship is very important for Norway and trough Venture Cup (in norwegian: venturecup.wordpress.com/) the participants get the opportunity to develop their business plans. Free advice and guidance of experienced entrepreneurs, business leaders, profesionell investors and consultants contribute to network, innovation and new ventures.
Venture Cup is being held by Start Norway for the tenth consecutive year. The competition started in Norway in 1999 and has since had several successful business plans that have created many new jobs.
There is a large potential market of entrepreneurs within academia and research institutions. Venture Cup Norway has a strong academic foundation in educational institutions and research units in the different regions it is held.
Venture Cup is much more than a competition, and the value for the participants is not only the potential rewards, but just as much the learning, the network of contacts and the experience that participants receive.
It is based on four main elements:
1. Education: It will be implemented practically oriented lectures by educational institutions, and students at some institutions may take Venture Cup as a separate subject. The lectures will cover the most important factors in establishing their own business.
2. Supervision: A network of advisers associated with Venture Cup. These guides participants in the process if desired. The advisers network will be able to give advice on specific issues related to patents, for example, tax, accounting, etc.
3. Inspiration: The kick-off and the two prize awards you will be able to come and be motivated and inspired by the lectures of experienced entrepreneurs and presentations of newly established businesses. The events are also good opportunities for mingling and networking.
4. Competition: The fourth element is the competition. The best business plans will be rewarded with cash prizes, and honorable mention.
This years prices are about EUR 36 000,- (nok 300 000,-) AND one year with a mentor for the CEO from The Norwegian Mentor Program, www.mentorprogrammet.no/english-info/
- Best Mentoring Blog
- Best Mentoring Blog 2011
- Best Mentoring Blog 2012
- Best Mentoring Blog 2013
- Best Mentoring Blog 2014
- Books I recommend
- European Mentoring & Coaching Council
- Guest Blogger
- Leadership Challenge
- Leadership development
- Mentoring Programs
- Mentoring tools
- Personal development
- Personal Planning
- Setting goals
- Start Ups
- Tips from linkedin.com