– Leadership Ability Determines a Person’s Level of Effectiveness
(DAY 1 – The 21 Day Leadership Challenge)
Every leader has a ceiling. Maybe you’re destined to be the supreme master of the universe or maybe you can’t even get your dog to come when you call him. Think about your leadership lid and what you can do to push it higher.
Dig into it:
- Leadership ability is the lid that determines a person’s level of effectiveness. Your leadership ability always determines your effectiveness and the potential impact of your organization.
- Let’s say you’re an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10. But let’s say that your leadership ability is a 1.
- Let’s say you become a real student of leadership and you maximize your potential, taking it all the way up to a 7.
- By raising your leadership ability – without increasing your dedication at all – you can increase your original effectiveness by 600 percent. Leadership has a multiplying effect.
- Smart, talented people are able to go so far because of the limitations of their leadership. To reach the highest level of effectiveness, you have to raise your leadership lid.